Federal Bank – Q2, 2020
Federal Bank announced the Unaudited Financial Results for the quarter ended 30th September 2019.
The key highlights of the results on a Y-o-Y basis are as follows:
Ø Total Business records a growth of 17%
Ø Total Advances increase by 15%
Ø Total Deposits grow by 18%
Ø Net profit at Rs.417 Cr registers a growth of 57%
Ø Retail Advances grow by 25%
Balance Sheet – Total Business of the Bank crosses Rs. 250000 Cr to reach Rs.255439.74 Cr registering a growth of 16.57% as on 30th September 2019. Total Advances grow from Rs.100940.88 Cr to Rs. 115893.21 Cr. Total Deposits increase from Rs. 118182.42 Cr to Rs. 139546.52 Cr as on 30th September 2019, registering a growth of 18.08%.
NRE Deposits of the Bank grow from Rs. 46787.05 Cr to Rs. 52690.21 Cr registering a growth of 12.62%. CASA Deposits clock a growth of 11.57 % Y-o-Y to reach Rs. 44023.39 Cr. On the Asset side, Retail Advances clock a growth of 25.41% to reach Rs. 34862.97 Cr. Business Banking advances grow by 15.23% to reach Rs. 9939.31 Cr. Agriculture advances register a growth of 21.36 % to reach Rs. 12355 Cr from Rs. 10180.09 Cr. Housing Loans register an impressive Y-o-Y growth of 23.85% to Rs. 16821.97 Cr
Operating Profit & Net Profit The Bank registers an Operating Profit of Rs. 718.80 Cr and a Net Profit of Rs. 416.70 Cr. for the quarter ended 30th September 2019. The net profit records a staggering growth of 56.63%. The Operating Profit and Net Profit for the half year ended 30th September 2019 stood at Rs. 1501.56 Cr and Rs. 800.91 Cr respectively. Margins The Bank earned a Net Interest Income of Rs. 1123.77 Cr for the quarter ended 30th September 2019. Net Interest Margin stands at 3.01% as on 30th September 2019.
Asset Quality – The Gross NPA of the Bank as at the end of Q2 FY20 stood at Rs. 3612.11 Cr, which as a percentage to Gross Advances stands at 3.07%. The Net NPA and Net NPA as a percentage to Net Advances as on 30th September 2019 stand at Rs. 1843.64 Cr and 1.59% respectively. The Provision Coverage Ratio (including technical write-offs) is 66.16%.
NET WORTH & CAPITAL ADEQUACY – The Net worth of the bank increases from Rs. 12440.11 Cr to Rs. 13754.31 Cr, as on 30 th September 2019. The Capital Adequacy Ratio (CRA
Q2FY19 Vs Q2FY20
· Gross advances increase by 14.98% to reach Rs. 117622.36 Cr
· NRE deposits cross Rs. 50000 Cr to reach Rs. 52690.21 Cr registering a growth of 12.62%
· Business Banking Advances grow by 15.23% from Rs.8625.49 Cr to Rs. 9939.31 Cr
· CASA grows by 11.57% from Rs. 39546.88 Cr to Rs. 44023.39 Cr
· Savings deposits grow by 13.27% to reach Rs. 37268.02 Cr
· Total Deposits increase by 18.08% from Rs. 118182.41 Cr to Rs. 139546.53 Cr
· Retail advances grow by 25.41% to reach Rs. 34862.97 Cr
· Investments stand at Rs. 31094.36 Cr
· Book Value per share increases from Rs. 62.81 to Rs. 69.18